A baby’s skin, especially in the first year of life, has different histological and physiological features than that of adult skin:
- the horney layer is thinner: on one hand this means that the skin is softer and more velvety, but on the other hand it is more permeable and sensitive to climatic conditions;
- in the basal layer of the skin, cells that produce melanin are in lower quantity with consequent lower natural protection from the action of UV rays;
- the deeper skin layer is more sensitive, with smaller, more immature collagen and elastic fibers;
- the sebaceous glands are poorly active (the skin is odorless) and will remain like that until puberty. The typical lipid content of a baby's skin surface is consequently lower and qualitatively different compared to that of adults.
- baby skin is richer in water (about 75%) and hence more permeable. The pH is slightly less acidic than that of adult's.
All these features create a situation that allows climatic conditions (wind, cold, sun…), chemical (irritating substances) and microbiological agents (bacteria) to attack the infant skin barrier more easily.
Since the first days of life it is therefore extremely important to choose COSMETIC PRODUCTS specifically studied for the special features of baby skin.
- guarantee absolute harmlessness
- cleanse effectively yet gently
- protect skin to the utmost
- be preservative*, SLS and SLES** free
- NICKEL, CHROME, LEAD,... TESTED°
All cosmetics of Helan “LINEA BIMBI” are clinically and dermatologically tested, certifying their qualification in the pediatric field.
* ex Reg.CE 1223/09
**SLS (Sodio Laurilsolfato) and SLES (Sodio Laurileteresolfato) free
° valutazione secondo la Direttiva Europea n. 94/27/CE
Baby line in Russia: www.helanbaby.ru